UAB Medicine News
Express Online Check-In Now Available at UAB Medicine
UAB Medicine now offers an express online check-in service that allows patients to pre-register for scheduled outpatient clinic appointments through their smart device, laptop, or desktop computer. This option is safer, faster, secure, and more convenient than checking in using the electronic kiosks that were in the clinics previously.
How It Works
- Patients with a scheduled clinic appointment receive an email 3 days prior to their appointment with a link that you click on to pre-register. The link takes you to an electronic system that guides you through each step required to check in. A second reminder is sent via text message 1 day prior to the appointment, if check-in still has not been completed.
- Patients confirm or update personal and insurance information that was collected when the appointment was scheduled.
- Patients take a photo of themselves, a photo of their driver’s license or state ID card, and a photo of their insurance card(s).
- Patients electronically sign paperwork and consent forms.
- Patients make any required payments through the check-in system.
It may be necessary to complete some additional paperwork upon arriving at the clinic, but most of this is handled during the check-in process, which makes for a better patient experience. Patients who do not pre-register will be given the option to complete registration upon arriving at the clinic and make any necessary payments through their own smart device.
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES
The Facts About Diabetic Eye Disease
O’Neal Cancer Center at UAB Ranked No. 25 by U.S. News
UAB Launches Transplant App for Referring Physicians
What are some signs or symptoms that I should seek emergency medical attention for after testing positive for COVID-19?
Is it okay to postpone regular appointments, wellness checks, treatments, and surgeries recommended by my health care professional because of COVID-19?
Can a RhoGAM shot be used to fight COVID 19?
Is it safe to play outdoor recreational sports during COVID-19?
Can diffusing essential oils help deflect COVID-19 airborne germs?
How safe is the air that is being circulated in places like air-conditioned stores to breathe during COVID-19?
Can wiping hand sanitizer underneath your nose help prevent COVID-19?