Birmingham, AL 35205
UAB Hospital Highlands is a campus of UAB Hospital. The general acute care facility is conveniently located at 1201 11th Avenue South, on the southern perimeter of the UAB campus. Our staff physicians, all with UAB credentials, evaluate and treat a full range of general medical and surgical problems.
UAB Hospital Highlands once was a community hospital and later an orthopedic hospital. Now it has retained the best elements of this, including small size, free parking, and neighborhood location. But you will also see evidence of UAB’s expertise and technology that have transformed UAB Hospital Highlands into an integral part of our system of clinical care.
Among our featured services are:
- Emergency department for non-catastrophic cases
- Intensive Care Unit
- Comprehensive Bone and Joint Disorders Service
- Specialized Unit for Fragility Fractures
- Sleep-Wake Disorders Center
- Radiosurgery Treatment Center
- Geriatric Services (the area’s first model patient unit for coordinated geriatric care)
- Pain Management Services (serving patients with acute and chronic conditions, including intractable cancer pain)
- Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
- Internal Medicine Clinic
- Rheumatology Services