Hoover Primary & Specialty Care
UAB Medicine Hoover Primary & Specialty Care is a state-of-the-art medical complex that offers primary and specialty care services for adults, a family medicine clinic for patients of all ages, and a UAB Callahan Eye Hospital Clinic with full-service optical store.
The outpatient care provided at UAB Medicine Hoover is backed by the knowledge and expertise of UAB, one of the nation’s leading academic medical centers. The full range of services provided at UAB Medicine Hoover includes:
- Primary care (internal medicine), for adults
- Family medicine, for all ages
- UAB Callahan Eye Hospital Clinic and optical store
- Breast Health
- Ear, nose, and throat (ENT)
- Gastrointestinal (GI) surgery
- Injection clinic
- Obstetrics & gynecology (OB/GYN)
- Oral & maxillofacial surgery
- Vascular surgery
- On-site laboratory
- Comprehensive imaging services, including X-ray, mammogram, and ultrasound technology
Free parking is available directly in front of the facility.
Hours of Operation
Primary & Specialty Care:
8 am-5 pm, Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Freestanding Emergency Department:
24 hours a day, seven days a week
After Hours and Emergencies
If you need to reach a physician after hours, please call 205.934.3411 and ask for the physician on call. If your call is a true medical emergency, please dial 911 for immediate assistance. For non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries on the weekend or after hours, UAB Medicine operates an urgent care clinic in downtown Birmingham. For hours of operation and more information about UAB Medicine urgent care services, please visit uabmedicine.org/urgentcare.