Thank you for your interest in joining our UAB Medicine Trauma Survivors Network Facebook Group. This Facebook group will serve as a virtual community for UAB Medicine’s trauma survivors, their families, and their caretakers. This Facebook group will be one way to provide past UAB Medicine trauma patients with an online community they can connect with at any time of the day, wherever they are. Joining is completely optional. These communications allow for members to participate whenever they want at whatever level they feel comfortable.
The following guidelines are important to understand and adhere to for proper use of the UAB Medicine Trauma Survivors Network Facebook Group.
- Only UAB Medicine trauma patients and their family members and caregivers are able to join the group
- Only select individuals will have access and permission to post on the channel. Those individuals will be clearly identified upon joining the Facebook group
- No hate speech or bullying. Be kind and courteous. Do no insult or bully other members of the group and do not use foul language.
- Respect everyone’s privacy. Being a part of the group requires mutual trust. What’s shared in the group should stay in the group.
- No promotions or spam. Don’t use the group to advertise yours or someone else’s business, page, fundraiser, or website.
- Do not offer medical advice or diagnose other people.
- No controversial topics. No posts/ comments which are likely to cause a high degree of controversy, conflict, or distress.
- Stick to the topic. We only allow posts and comments related to the group’s activity.
- Report rule-breaking. If you see a post/ comment that violates our rules, report it to the admins – DO NOT attack the author or said post/comment.
- Talk to the admin team. If you have any questions or concerns or are experiencing issues in the group, please turn to one of the admins for help.